We are the blue rogues of Kunlun. We pillage and plunder and rifle and loot~. Become one of us and join our guild.

Owoo! Its a fencer!

Owoo
    Pupu
    Pupu

Character sheet
    Race:

Owoo! Its a fencer!

Post by Owoo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:53 am

My old old Fencer guide from 2009! I found it on the old Oblivion forum:

Hi!

Note: It's not a really build guide but my experience of this job.

Fencer... My first job. I still like it despite the fact Fencer became unplayable for me since the makers has changed the effect of some skills.

Originally My fencer was a balanced one. 1:1:1 Str:Wis:Dex. Normaly I dont like the "1:1:1" builds but it was a playable and fun build. There was a problem: it was based on Razzle Dazzle. The effect of Razzle Dazzle has been changed by the makers so I stoped play fencer ...and left DOMO.

I came back one day thanks to my friend Ion I love you (its a long story) Smile

There's no sense to speak about my old build since it's a dead one so lets see my new build.

Stats:
    Dex 30 the rest on Wis.
    Pros:
    Nice M.def, M.attack and MP with fair Attack. STR gives more Attack but Wis gives more things
    Cons:
    Less attack then STR build

The full Wis can be more powerful and let you to spam the attack skills but you will need goldstated armor and onyxes in your hand so a bit expensive.

Edit: I have to say its not that expensive! The malletts are getting cheaper and cheaper and with swordy or hunter sub its enough if you put 1 onyx in your glove.

Skills:
    Attack Skills:
    All elemental attacks - max out. (at lvl42 I dont have enough skill points to max them out) I play solo most of the time so I didn't rise my AoE skills yet. I will save some skill points for at least lvl 1 AoEs.
    If you play in team... well then you can rise the 1vs1 till lvl5 then pump the AoE skills as high as you can.

Targeted skills:
    My fencer is a PVE fencer so I only use the attack and def buffs (Toughen Magic, Magic Barrier, Offensive Aura, Defensive Aura) Maybe Of and Def Aura is not that important. I have them kuz I use them on other jobs as sub.

Gameplay:
    What could I say? I haven't played much my new fencer but I try to be a non-skillspamer fencer. (I dont want to be skillspamer furthermore my MP pool dosen't let me spaming the attack skills) Against elemental mobs I use the suitable skill. In case of non-elemental phy mobs I use Boundless Falling Leaves and Rolling Tunder.
    So basicaly I play my fencer as an Attack Speed job. Its not that stupid thing as it sounds at first. Fencer attack skills gives +2 attack speed and if you have hunter or swordy as sub you can get fair attack speed bonus. The elemental buff of the skills and the attack speed bonus let the fencer to be a fun-to-play job.

The Wis based fencer should level on magic mobs so geting robe or dancer costume can be good idea.

I think I will update this guide when I will get more experience about WIS based fencer.
    I hope this post will help you.
    Your questions are welcome

EDIT:
    Hi Dudes!

Im back with some experiences that I would like to share with you.
    My fencer works well. Really fun to play instead of the fact swordy still has higher DMG output but fencer is faster and works better against magic mobs.

Even so I will restart and reskill again. Why? Kuz I need less dex and dont need offensive aura. I use swordy skills so I really never use the Offensive Aura but I can use Focus Mind so I dont need that much DEX. I guess 15-20 could be fine.

Your questions are still wellcome

EDIT 2:
    new experiences:
    I didnt believe that but the "spam all the 5 elemental atack fast then use normal attack still skills charging then again" style fighting is really works well. Of course you need a mus who boosts your MP.

I left robe and use dancer wear furthermore the reskill is really necessery now. I have all the AoE skills at level 1 and I have to say it not really worth the skill points. AoEs at lvl 1 are useless so if you dont wanna be an AoE fencer you really better if you increas your 1vs1 skills instead of AoE.

Transmission is over!
    Sarkany
    The Doctor Monopolizer
    The Doctor Monopolizer

Character sheet
    Race: Sylph
    Nickname/s: Saky, Draco

Re: Owoo! Its a fencer!

Post by Sarkany on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Owoo's builds are back! Nice xD

I think with dex at 28 would be enough.

Owoo
    Pupu
    Pupu

Character sheet
    Race:

Post by Owoo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks Draco Smile

As I saw the prices last time I was online the 2 slots and the 2 accuracy Onyx in the gloves are not that expensive so maybe a DEX-less build is more easy to play in the US servers... GT server was a bit overpriced!
    Sarkany
    The Doctor Monopolizer
    The Doctor Monopolizer

Character sheet
    Race: Sylph
    Nickname/s: Saky, Draco

Post by Sarkany on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Right now the high level onyxes are worth around 50k~200k, I don't know how were in Gametribe (didn't pay atention there).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:12 am